Based in a dark garage filled with guitars, drums and beer corpses, France
Early Access April 11th 2018
Steam Early Access - 11th April 2018
Bored with bland fake violin soundtracks ? Double Kick Heroes is a mashup of a shoot'em up with a frenetic rhythm game backed by an awesome METAL tune! It was inspired by the worlds of Q.Tarantino, S. King and R.Rodriguez. Lead your band on an explosive roadtrip through the wasteland, blast zombies with your Gundillac and crush them with the power of METAL. The game will pack in 30 songs, half a dozen chapters of adventures and a community level editor that will allow any music to be played to the rhythm of exploding zombie skulls.
Double Kick Heroes was initially created for Ludum Dare #34 in late 2015. The team wanted to make a frenetic rhythm game based on METAL and shooting and... well ultimate destruction, no less. They joined their METAL forces together and borrowed inspiration from the works of Tarantino, Rodriguez, the Tenacious D and, of course all these METAL legends hanging over them. With the groove of the epic Elmobo and his 25 years of experience in video game music AND METAL production, they won the Gold Medal for Music and ranked #10 in graphics for the Ludum Dare challenge. Many players enjoyed the mix of shooting, crimson mood and intense action on the beat. The game rocketed to more than 200 comments and constructive feedbacks overwhelmed them. After delivering an enhanced post jam version, more than 15 000 people played the game all around the world. They were also best shooter for some monthes on itch.io, which in these days of abundant indie shooters is a feat in itself. The crew felt a deep need for a rock solid metal-rhythm-action-shooting-Gundillac video game! So they decided to deliver a bigger and better version for desktops!
- Double kick zombies in the face with insane Metal music!
- 30 songs tremendous quality metal by an epic video game and metal composer. Isn't it a perfect reason to sacrifice kittens for?
- Import your own music, play community designed tracks, edit your favorite songs and share challenges!
- Rodriguez infused background story about being weird teenagers living for Sex, Drugs and Heavy Metal.
- Explosions, rebels, road-rage, madness, apocalypse. Ready to hit the Fury Road ?
- The only fucking awesome rock and metal rhythm game for Steam, what more ?
Early Access - Reveal Date Trailer YouTube
Story Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Indie Game" Gamescom 2017
- "Best Game to Play" Play Awards 2016
- "Jury's Choice" Play Awards 2016
- "Heart Crush" Animasia 2016
- "Gold medal for Music, #10 for graphics, #15 overall" Ludum Dare #34, December 2015
- "3rd Best Indie Game" Stunfest, May 2016
- "Double Kick Heroes is a stunning shoot-'em-up with a metal rhythm! "
- PC GAMER ,
- "Out-rock the apocalypse in Double Kick Heroes!"
- Rock Paper Shotgun ,
- "Double Kick Heroes is True, But Not So Grim, Metal! "
- HARDCOREGAMER ,
- "Post-apocalyptic rhythm metal'em all!"
- DESTRUCTOID ,
- "What's to say? This game is fucking awesome in every way. Great job guys! "
- Georges Broussard, maker of Duke Nukem ,
- " Awesome work, it looks and sounds amazing! "
- 01010111, maker of ＢＥＤ✰ＨＯＧＧ ,
- " Double Kick Heroes : coup de cœur pour ce shooter musical totalement dingo ! "
- Bertrand "Bamar" Amar, french videogame legend ,
Double Kick Heroes on Itch.io
Itch.Io is an independent game publishing platform and community headbangclub.itch.io.
Featured and Frontpaged newgrounds.com.
Featured and Frontpaged gamejolt.com.
Top shooter itch.io.
OST on Bandcamp
The banging sound of the year elmobo.bandcamp.com.
About Headbang Club
Headbang.club was created for after Ludum Dare #34 in December 2015. Gyhyom, Blackmagic and Elmobo, three game developer pals, decided to make a crazy explosive rhythm game with a Tarantino and Rodriguez mood. They published Double Kick Heroes and after many praises from players, they decided to make it a bigger game.
More information on Headbang Club, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Double Kick Heroes Credits
Guillaume "Gyhyom" Breton
Badass pink shirt equiped pixel artist
Frédéric "ElMobo" "Moby" Motte
Blowing your ass off with Black Metal, bitch
David "Blackmagic" Elahee
Demon Lord of Code
Yannick "Tavrox" Elahee
Evil communications, death pamphlets, satanic invocations.